Thursday 15 January 2015

Progress is the name of the game

Unbelievable day five of the build.  The walls are taking shape and all but one window is in. Our youngest member Chloe Pilon set up a little shop today and handed out flip flops and toothbrushes to any of the local kids who stopped by the site today. So inspiring to see how this trip has an impact on others in the group. Many are stepping way outside their comfort zone to make this site a happy productive place. The village we are in have never seen this many foreigners so interest is building. The teacher Sophea is overwhelmed by the support he is receiving. There is not one day that goes by that I don't walk the site alone and pretty much have a small cry to myself on how this project after such a short period is happening. My wife Maryanne has been a rock at my side from day one and helped me so much that I could never thank her for her help. My friends and rotary members working hand in hand to make a dream a reality. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Looking great! You guys are amazing! Very proud of everyone! If you get a chance to post a photo of Peter actually doing some hard labour, would love to show it to our membership at a meeting! :-) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I'm really enjoying your posts. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete