Wednesday 28 January 2015

The future has arrived

I know that over the last 8 months I have overloaded my social media with the shameless self promotion of the school we were building but the day has arrived. Hundreds of people lined the very narrow streets in this remote village. Best estimation is that 700 people were on site for the grand opening of The Rotary School of Cambodia. It had a festival type of thing going with street venders selling drinks and candy. When I arrived first thing this morning the gates were installed and tent was erected. I was so nervous just thinking about everything that was about to happen. A new beginning for the two villages and 211 kids would recieve a bicycle so they could get to school. At the dedication ceremony I placed a steel plaque with my mother's initials and dedicated the school to her memory and commitment to education. Your mother is your first great teacher. At this time I want thank every single person who bought a bike or donated money for the build. I have a very special soft spot for the  extremely special build team who came with me to hand build this school. Bless you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment